November 29, 2012

Crafty Time! Coffee Filter Wreath...

There is something about a craft, even as an adult, that is so much fun!  I don't really get the time but I want to find more time as I get a lot of satisfaction out of doing them.

So I wont take this idea as my own but I was inspired to make a wreath out of coffee filters from another blog I found on the Internet.  I don't remember the name of the blog though...I think that is bad blogging etiquette as I should give her a shout out. Sorry!

She used brown filters which looked awesome but all I could find was white at the time.  The effect is still pretty as I added a touch of colour  to it.  I am still on the hunt for brown ones though.

Step #1: Gather the supplies! 
 
Styrofoam wreath, paperclips, coffee filters, berries and twine to hang. I also used glue which is not pictured.




Step #2: Break all the paperclips in half so you get a U-shaped pin.


Step #3: Folder coffee filter in half and pierce the paperclip though.  Then push the pin through the Styrofoam.


Step #4: Keep going until the entire wreath is filled. I used exactly 200 filters.  It was the perfect amount.


Step #5: Break off the artificial berries from the vine and glue in between the filters. I tried to pierce the Styrofoam but they wouldn't stay in so I settled on glue. I used Wood Glue as it was what I found while rummaging through the cupboards. I think any glue would suffice.





Step #6: Hang on the door.  I have a glass/screen door that can protect from the elements but if you do not I recommend this as an indoor wreath.
Aston! So Curious and Cute!



So what do you think? It took a lot longer than I thought it would. I also, accidentally, rammed a couple paperclips under my fingernail in the process!  I am pretty happy with the result though. I think this will be my after Christmas, "Winter Time" Wreath.  Happy Crafting!

Namaste xo.



1 comment: