November 09, 2012

Public Humiliation Returns...

Many of you have probably already heard of this but I read about and it and just had to share just in case you hadn't. 
Read this Article! "I'm an idiot: Women who drove on sidewalk to avoid school bus is ordered to stand at intersection wearing shaming sign reading 'Only an idiot drives on the sidewalk to avoid a school bus'
Check out the pics!






I personally would like to shake this judge’s hand! Public Shaming? Now this is how I think people will learn lessons! Paying a small fine without anyone knowing isn't going to leave a lasting impression of your stupidity. It also isn't going to teach others valuable lessons from your mistakes. Imagine her phone call into work when she is ordered to go wear her 'idiot' sign?? "ummmm ya I'm not coming into the office today. Why? Um...well...well basically because I am an idiot" Do you think she was late for work in the first place?

Think about the police officer who pulled her over! He is sitting in his cruiser, drinking his coffee, thinking it may be a quiet day on the job when he sees a silver Jeep launch itself over the curb to avoid the school bus! Jackpot! I would pull her over just to see who would be that crazy. The thought just makes me laugh...the things they must see on a daily basis.

I am notoriously 5 minutes late to work everyday and let me tell you, next time I come across some 'pesky' kids loading onto the safety of a school bus to go get their education, I will now think twice about using the sidewalk as a more efficient/convenient way to get around them. I really don't think wearing a public shaming sign next weekend would help my personal image.

From the article: She will have to stand at the intersection of E.38th Street and Payne Avenue sporting the embarrassing sign next Tuesday and Wednesday from 7.45 a.m. to 8.45. A.m. on both days. I personally cannot wait to see those pictures!

Now some of you may think this isn't very Yogi of me. I don't care...this is probably the best punishment for one of the dumbest crimes I have heard of! I bet that judge does yoga...he definitely seems like he has his head on straight!

Namaste xo. lol

1 comment:

  1. I too like this idea...good for the judge...and shame on anyone who thinks they should be driving dangerously around a school bus.
    P

    ReplyDelete