November 26, 2012

Transformation...

I made it through the last day of training for the weekend. Brain is on overload! I can't seem to even walk now without analyzing my posture or alignment. It's kind of cool though because I am hyper aware of my body right now. We have talked about so many different muscles and joints and ligaments this weekend that I feel like I can isolate each one in my body moving separately even though I don't know all the names of them yet.

It was a bit of a weird day on Sunday. There were a few things that I was thinking about Saturday night or things that I said that were actually revealed in some way or another Sunday. I was writing another post last night that I haven't published yet. I will publish it soon. It is more something that I mentioned in the post though. I said I was HULKing my way through a pose as I found it so muscularly challenging. On Sunday my teacher was wearing an Incredible Hulk shirt?? Interesting...

Another thing on Saturday night, I was talking to Chris about some things in our relationship. Oddly enough, on Sunday, my teacher told us a story about his first date with his wife. He was saying how he had the exact same conversation with his wife, on their first date, which I had with Chris last night. I for sure didn’t tell my teacher about Chris and mine conversation either! The Hulk shirt was coincidental but this story about his conversation with his wife being so similar to my conversation with Chris was getting a little weird.

The other training teacher brought these cards into class Sunday. You reach in a bag and pull out a card with one word on it. You then go to a book and read the little blurb about the word. I guess they could be like a horoscope. I think she called them Angel Cards. The card I pulled on Sunday was Transformation. What I wrote about yesterday in my post, Sitting on the Edge, was basically about transformation and growth. NOW it was weird. I have never experienced a day like that before. It seems many things I was thinking about Saturday came up Sunday. I wonder what that means? I also wonder how often that happens and we are just not in the present moment enough to notice it.

In regards to transformation, I do feel like this is a transforming time in my life. For the past few years I got to a point where things felt really good, almost settled. I have spent the last few years being really comfortable, learning to accept who I am and be happy with it. If I look back I can see that things seemed really chaotic and crazy and then everything kind of fell into place. It felt really good and I really enjoyed the time I had to sit and just absorb it all in and enjoy it. Not that this is a bad thing but life has been starting to feel a little stagnant though. Almost stuck. It's still comfortable but I think I am ready to want more out of who I am at this moment. It’s been building slowly but I felt I was changing inside. I knew something would awaken it soon, and I knew I would look forward to it. I don’t want other people around me to have to change to accomidate me, I want to change. Maybe change is the wrong word. I think grow is a better word. It just seems time for some personal growth. 

I am starting to realize that life isn't just one journey, its many little journeys placed inside. Life ebbs and flows, wan and wanes. I can feel that right now is a time for me to transform and have another journey. I am kind of excited. I could never be in a part of the world where the seasons don’t change. Each season brings new discoveries. I love that feeling....why wouldn’t I want that change to happen inside me?

1 comment:

  1. Good observation about life. It is many journeys, and sometimes while on one you go down another path that you wouldn't have known was there. Being in the present moment is key to that. Great work you are doing both physically and spiritually. :)
    p

    ReplyDelete