December 12, 2012

Love Hate...

Sorry it has been a bit since my last post. As my title suggests, I am having a love hate relationship with yoga right now. I am just really confused by the training and don’t really know where I stand in my practice right now. I know that the new way is going to be so much better but I am stuck by
wanting to stay with what I know well. I am not as "good" at the new kind of yoga, with more engagement and focus but it is better for me in the long term. I can’t extend that far into poses as I could before so I am getting frustrated. I feel like a beginner again. I really have to tell myself that this is OK and try to take some of my own advice in yoga.  Listen to yourself and accept yourself. I know this new way of yoga is going to advance my body and mind better than staying with my old ways but accepting that is a huge challenge. 



I found this picture and it is makes me realize I still love yoga. Just look at it! She is so strong and powerful and totally focused and engaged. She is also peaceful and serene and at ease in her pose. The perfect balance. Her strength and engagement is SO important because it is what will keep her body healthy and safe. Her body is safe in the pose, so her mind is at ease.

My old way of yoga had more flexibility and less focus but I seemed calm in my practice.  Now my practice has more muscle and focus involved but now I am missing that peacefulness that I once had. I know it will come back so I am taking a bit of time to accept what I am going through and just sit with the feeling of not knowing. I am not practicing as much at the studio and am trying to practice more at home. I want to get in touch with this new yoga personally and I think I can do it better at home right now.  I need to trust that the peace and the power will return, that the balance will come back and that my body and mind will be in harmony again.  This is why they call yoga a practice...

Namaste xo.

3 comments:

  1. how well said! It sounds like a normal reaction to someone who thrives on challenges and finds themselves in the uncomfortable area of attempting to master. You will look back on this post from your new poses and think, when was this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. and your 'practice' will change all through your life. You are doing great. Honor yourself.
    p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all the valuable encouragement to you both!

    ReplyDelete