December 23, 2012

Overachieving Christmas Elf...

Unfortunately Chris is working this holiday season so it is just Aston and I visiting the parents this year.  I am trying to stay positive by realizing that Christmas comes each and every year but I do miss him terribly. It's just not the same without him home for Christmas. 

Every year I want to wrap my presents all creatively but I never get the time. Chris and I are always running around from home to home visiting friends and family and the presents are usually just tossed in a birthday themed gift bag or something with, hopefully, some tissue paper. I know it may seem like a good idea but toilet paper doesn't work in place of tissue paper.  Trust me.


Any one else's Christmas gifts look like this before?
With a little more time to spare this year, I decided to spend an entire evening wrapping presents with a more natural inspired theme.  Mother Nature, while driving home on Friday night, was pretty
spectacular and I am grateful I made it here safe and sound. I had the power of nature in mind while wrapping my presents.

Now, I am not going to be like some over achieving holiday planning Christmas Elf and be like "Why look how pretty this wrapping paper is! With a little time and effort you TOO could wrap up your Christmas presents like this and be just as amazing as ME!" No, no, wrapping presents like this took a LOT of time. In fact, more time than necessary to wrap up some gifts that most people won't even notice while ripping it off to get at the presant inside.  With no husband around this year, no kids to take of care of and no other houses to go visit, time is a little more than just a luxury this year. This time of year, time is such a rarity so I feel really lucky I was able to wrap up my presents with such care this year.

So if you do find yourself with a little extra time this holiday season, try wrapping your presents with this "Rustic Chic" wrapping paper theme...or... how about you just relax with a cocktail and enjoy MY Christmas wrapping on my blog. You deserve a break.

First off...my Christmas wrapping assistant!

Yummy
Now to the presents! Ta-Da!

 






 

Although very pretty, this wrapping paper doesn't work on a 3 year old and an 11 year old. Just an FYI...I am sure you folks all knew that though...somehow I missed the memo.

So my "Martha" moment has ended. I guess I should go help my Mom make Christmas dinner instead of sitting here making Christmas Miracles come true with my insanely awesome wrapping paper.  Or, maybe my "assistant" and I will go have another meeting :)

Namaste xo.

1 comment:

  1. hoping you have a wonderful holiday with your Mom and Dad honey! I will be thinking of you as I practice my downward dog (man, I had sore shoulders the next day) and enjoying my perfectly painted toes! Namaste!

    ReplyDelete