February 11, 2013

The beauty...and humour of everyday life...

If you have been living under a rock for the past 72 hours you may not have noticed that Southern Ontario received a whopper of a snowstorm on Friday Feb 8th. Snowmegedon hit Toronto; a 'cowboy storm' coined by some of the weather nerds out there on local news stations!

I got the pleasure of an actual snow day.  No work! Even my workaholic boss didn't try to make the venture into work! That truly means it was a real snow storm.  Chris wasn't home so Aston and I hunkered down all day to watch the snow fall and fall and fall.

The next day, Aston and I woke up early to go for a big long walk in 30cm of fresh snow.  First off, lets touch on the humour of life. I was walking along, not paying attention and noticing the beauty of all the fallen snow.   I went to make a left and I turned on what I thought was the side walk, cut it too short and fell into a ditch!!! It was so snow filled I thought it was still the sidewalk!  I was up to my chest in snow and had absolutely no idea what just happened!  Aston jumped in after me thinking this was a wonderful game I was playing.  The best part is I wished and hoped, SOMEONE saw me.  It was right out front someones house so I really just hoped they were sitting at their breakfast table, enjoying their morning coffee, and had the pleasure of watching this young women disappear under a cloud of snow as she falls into their ditch at the front of their house.  I am having trouble writing this without laughing.

Now lets touch on the beauty of life. There is something awesome about being the first person to venture into an area of freshly fallen snow.  Your the first person to put your tracks through the world!  I love that feeling and when I discovered that no one had touched the field behind my house yet, I felt so blessed!  The sun was out and the snow sparkled! I enjoyed every step through that snow!


Aston enjoyed it too. Guess who's tracks are who's?? lol



The first memorable years of my life, my family was not very wealthy.  In fact we were down right poor.  I know this now but I never knew it then.  The reason I never knew it then is because my parents taught me to enjoy little things in life. To enjoy the humour in life. The things that life offered you that didn't cost a penny. I never felt like I was missing out  on anything because there was so many things, that were free, that I could enjoy.

I am so grateful for the childhood I had.  The lessons I have been taught about enjoying the little things in life mean more to me than the money I make or the possessions I have.

I hope you all enjoyed the beauty of the snow storm as I did.  I also hope SOMEONE saw me fall in that ditch because MAN was that ever funny!!!!

Namaste xo.

1 comment:

  1. I know I wish I saw you fall in that ditch.
    Nice words about enjoying the simple things in life. x/o
    P

    ReplyDelete