March 25, 2013

Tantric Philosophy

Wow.  This weekend in training was magical! Christopher (Hareesh) Wallis, author of Tantra Illuminated, came in to lecture us on Tantric Philosophy and the history of where Modern Postural Yoga comes from, as we know it today. 

I am totally hooked on this stuff! I can't get enough!  I will probably be repeating some of
 the things I have heard this past weekend on my blog for the next little while so you can enjoy some of this beautiful teaching. Tantra is not a religion but a beautiful and profound way to live a life. 

Not knowing anything about Tantric Philosophy, this book was a little hard to get into.  It's a very vast and amazing thoughts to think about so it's a lot to absorb from reading it. I feel SO privileged to have him come in and explain it to us. I feel like my life is changed forever from this weekend.

Enjoy one of the many beautiful things Hareesh said this weekend:

Thoughts comes and go.
Physical features of your body and life come and go.
Relationships come and go.
Money comes and goes.
Feelings come and go.
Self images come and go.
The Tantric tradition offers this challenge....find out what remains? What is it that remains...what is it about you that doesn't come and go?

 
Beautiful....Namaste xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment