January 18, 2013

Anusara Yoga...

Anusara - [a-nu-sar-a] means "to be in the flow," "flowing with grace", "the soul in the flow with the Universe," "following your heart."

If you would like to read some more on Anusara click here.

Different styles of yoga have different philosophies. Each one has a different focus and a different
approach to your yoga practice.

I am reading the Anusara teaching manual, as well as the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali right now, which has different philosophies than Anusara.



















I had to share a few things I have read so far that I have found so inspirational and excite me to no end!
 "Being a yoga teacher is like being an adventure guide leading a courageous group on a challenging journey to a beautiful, secluded place of transformation." 
"As Anusara yoga teachers we are not trying to fix or correct the students, we are trying to help enhance and reveal the beauty and divine qualities that are already present in the students poses. (I LOVE that line) One of the other key aspects of this attitude or philosophy is that we are all co-creators with Nature or the Supreme in this life, and this creative freedom makes life fun, exciting and inspiring. Life is seen not as a hard labor assignment with no chance of parole, but as a fun game that can be celebrated each day. "
"Anusara yoga teachers serve each student and help them unveil their innate goodness, worthiness and supreme nature."

Awesome...I can't believe I get to be a part of this...

Namaste xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment