June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day...

I am not one for poetry or usually get the meaning behind the words. Sometimes though, if I read something that even remotely reminds me of the love my Dad has given me over the years,  I am resolved to a blubbering mess of tears. 

I found something that just melts my heart and I think is perfect for My Dad on Fathers Day.





First Lesson Philip Booth

Lie back, daughter, let your head be tipped back in the cup of my hands. 
Gently, and I will hold you. 
Spread your arms wide, lie out on the stream and look high at the gulls. 
A dead-man's-float is face down. You will dive and swim soon enough where this tidewater ebbs to the sea. 
Daughter, believe me, when you tire on the long thrash to your island, lie up, and survive.
As you float now, where I held you and let go, 
remember when fear cramps your heart what I told you: lie gently and wide to the light year stars, lie back, 
and the sea will hold you. 

Way back flashback!

Happy Father's Day Dad. Thanks for being the great big sea that supported me  until I was able to swim to my own island.  *tears*  I love you so much!!!


Namaste xo.

3 comments:

  1. ok.....you just know I am going to steal this. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this.. you just know I am going to steal this! This is the perfect way to begin my Monday so thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to find a way to print the picture....I love nature because that one was way cool!

    ReplyDelete