June 11, 2013

Pale Nail Polish Trick...

Welcome to another nail polish post.  Possibly the best one yet! I don't know if it could possibly get any better than this!!  Sorry, I am wicked excited!

If you are as much into nail polish as I am, there is a good possibility you will wear almost any color.  Right now I have lavender finger nails and banana crème toe nails!  I love all shades and colors but I tend to avoid lighter colored nail polishes, like a yellow, because no matter what brand you buy, it always seems to go on streaky and uneven. Until now...

The trick... MATTE top coat! There was a matte nail polish trend about two years ago, that I didn't really get into.  I did buy a matte top coat though, that would turn any color nail polish into a matte effect nail polish once you applied the top coat.  No matter how many times I tried, I just didn't like
the look.  So the matte top coat stayed in my nail polish case for the last few years. Until now...

So here is the deal.  Choose any nude or pale color nail polish you like because the streaky issue is no longer a problem! Yellow has always been the trickiest one for me and I had pure success!
 
  • Step Two: Apply one coat of any color of nail polish you like. Let dry 2 minutes or so.
  • Step Three: Apply one coat of a matte top coat.  Currently I use Gosh Matt Effect. Let dry 2 minutes or so. Now you will have flat, matte colored nails. Don't worry this wont last long.
  • Step Four: Apply another coat of your chosen color again. This will bring the shine back to your manicure!
  • Step Five: Wait until all is fully dry then add a SHINY top coat to really make your nails shine!
I have experimented with whites, all shades of yellow, ballet pinks and nude nail polishes varying from the dollar store brand to the top shelf brands and they all streak. Until NOW!   Something about the matte polish, smooth's out any streaks and fills them in before adding the second coat of your color choice.

I have really been digging the white nail look for summer!  I think I will have to try it out now that I have this super awesome technique to use!


All you nail polish fans out there....who is as excited as I am!?!?!

Namaste xo.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, I am going to try this soon. It's very exciting!

    ReplyDelete